Welcome the winner of the EENCE online best practice competition!
“ActivEast: Hate it? Fix it!” Marathon of woc.org.ua – is a 100-days online-quest packed in the form of an educational course to prepare local grassroots activists to create change in real offline life.
Why the Marathon and what it gives?
- Gamified process of project participants (users) engagement and selection: there is no need in filling in Google forms with endless questions with motivation.
- Marathon is limited in time and sounds as an exclusive opportunity to participate in right now
- Marathon is a format which constantly keeps you inside the process: weekly updates with the progress of every user and community, real-time rankings, ability to share your experience in newspapers and during the webinars.
- During the marathon you are a part of community – definitely not alone on your way to train and improve yourself
- There is a real prize which motivates participants till the end of the distance
ActivEast: Hate it? Fix it! Marathon stages:
- Registration on the platform woc.org.ua
- Introduction of the local problem participant is trying to combat
- Engaging local team of 4 people who are ready to help him/her solving the problem
- “I am the Mayor” course (developing civic skills from the perspective of personal experience and self reflection)
- World of Communities Game Master training course for the participant and the team
- Engagement of more local dwellers categories to the problem solving during offline World of Communities board game sessions”
The online best practice competition was held as part of the EENCE Civic Education Week.
Authors of more than 40 applications from all the countries of the Eastern Partnership, as well as from Russia, took part in the competition.