EENCE is a network of organizations and experts aiming at promoting exchange and development of knowledge, skills and values on citizenship education in the region of Eastern Europe.
The network was established in 2015 as a focus group within NECE with a vision in mind. That vision was to promote the exchange of non-formal and civic education experience between state and non-governmental professionals from the Eastern Partnership countries and Russia as well as to endorse networking with the EU countries both within the focus group and with other NECE focus groups.
The intention of the network is to create a platform for the long-term exchange between groups, providing the opportunity to discuss goals, subjects, formats, current needs and projects, as well as challenges that may be faced in the realm of civic education in the individual countries.
The mission of the Network is to have a tangible contribution to the sustainable development of the civil society in the Eastern Partnership region and Russia through widening the citizenship education sphere and developing the capacity of the institutions and experts in the field.
The key areas of the Network’s activities are:
- Strengthening the capacity of organizations and experts in the field of civic education through advanced training for managers and educators, exchange of work experience, documentation and multiplication of best practices through training, exchange of experience and documentation of best practices, joint research.
- Promotion of the values of civic education and the impact on decision-making in all areas of society through common campaigns, dialogue and discussion platforms, research, participation in the work of other networks, international institutions.
- Strengthening the sustainability of the network through the development of internal communication and public relations, fundraising, improvement of membership policies and strengthening of decision-making structures.
EENCE is steered by the Coordination Council. The members (2019-2021) of the Council are:
- Tatevik Hakobyan, Armenien, “Armenian Women’s Republican Council” NGO
- Kristine Kandelaki, Georgien, NGO Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia
- Helga Melnik, Belarus, unabhängige Expertin
- Yuriy Petrushrenko, Ukraine, Public Union “Ukrainian Adult Education Association”
- Vitaut Rudnik, Belarus, NGO “Centre for informational support of public initiatives “The Third sector”, Hrodna, Belarus“
- Narine Teknejan, Armenien, Youth is Power NGO
- Svetlana Alenitskaya, Germany, Federal Agency for Civic Education
The application for membership is possible by signing the Memorandum of EENCE.
– Coordination Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Svetlana Alenitskaya (BpB, Germany)
Phone +49 (0)228 99 515-509