Fake news in times of war: how to help civil society?
The Working Group “Research in the field of civil education” invites you to take part in a round table and discuss the issue “Fake news in times of war: how to help civil society?”.
The meeting will take place on August 25, 2022 from 15:00 to 17:00 (UTC+3). Working languages: Russian and English.
Several speakers will speak at the round table
– Gediminas Merkis (Lithuania), Professor, Habilitated Doctor of Social Sciences
Topic of the speech: “Putin’s War: Paradoxes and Distortions of Discourse”
– Vladimir Yanchuk (Belarus), Professor, Doctor of Psychology
Topic of the speech: “Psychological Mechanisms of Civil Society Counteraction to Fake News”
– Yuriy Petrushenko (Ukraine), Professor, Doctor of Economics
Topic of the speech: “What kind of education do we need in a post-truth world?”
– Narine Teknejyan, Head of “Youth is Power” NGO
Topic of the speech: “Youth and fake news (specifics of influence on the younger generation)”
– Dr. Marius Alexandru Marinescu Belenkov (Spain)
Topic of the speech: “Fake news in Spain and Romania”.
The program also includes a discussion on issues of concern.
The moderator of the meeting will be Igor Folvarochny (Ukraine), Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences.
To participate, you need to register using the link.