Citizenship Education in a World of Fakes, Disinformation and Propaganda
Recent developments in Eastern Partnership Region and Worlwide show the importance of the role of media as a social institution. Hybrid war, information disorder full of Fake News, Disinformation, Manipulation and Propaganda causes a crucial harm to the society and creates a complete mess. The panel discussion about it will take place on the first day of the Citizenship Education Forum in Moldova (October, 21-22).
With the experts coming from Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine and Azerbaijan we will discuss and gie an overview of all these questions, specifically
- What is the impact of desinformation on population and what are the consequences of it?
- What actions are taken to counteract propaganda?
- Role of education and civil society in fighting Fake News and propaganda?
- Peculiarities of state propaganda in the period of recent developments in the region; tools, target audiences, distribution channels?
- Is it possible to build a system of resistance to propaganda during military operations?
Join us to hear about all this staff and much more. There will be space for Q&A session too.
Panel discussion will be in English.
When? October, 21 (12.00-13.30)
EENCE Forum “Rethinking Citizenship Education” is organised by the The Eastern European Association for Citizenship Education and The Association of Children and Youth “Mostenitorii” (Moldova) with the support of the Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb) at the expense of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The EENCE network was established in 2016. The network brings together more than 100 organizations and experts in promoting citizenship education and democracy in the Eastern Partnership countries and Russia.
Within the framework of the Network, about ten thematic groups work annually and implement their projects related to various aspects of civic education.