EENCE opens Call for country coordinators for the anticipated project “Citizenship Education Caravan 2023”
Call for applicants to be recruited as CE Caravan Country Coordinator is announced for everyone willing to contribute to the development and implementation of the Citizenship Education Caravan in the Eastern Partnership countries. Membership in the EENCE is highly encouraged but not mandatory to apply for this position.
What is Caravan of Citizenship Education?
CE Caravan 2023 aims to support citizenship education providers in the Eastern Partnership region (furthermore EaP) by strengthening the capacity of the civil society sector actively working on the development of promoting and defending the values of democracy.
The CE Caravan also aims to show the diversity of formats and topics by reaching different target groups, stakeholders. Respect to diversity and the beliefs of others, ability to engage in a dialogue are the foundation of democratic values that form a peaceful society capable of protecting its values against the threat of autocracy and dictatorship.
Contribution democracy is a direct investment in building and maintaining peace in our region, which is a key priority today. CE Caravan 2023 is a step forward to address the needs of EaP through various activities based on the previous assessments done by the Eastern European Network for Citizenship Education (furthermore EENCE).
The CE Caravan is the initiative of the Eastern European Network for Citizenship Education. It’s anticipated that the initiative will be supported by the Agency for Civic Education and the German Foreign Office.
How will Caravan be implemented?
During 5-8 days international teams of the experts (approximately 10 persons in each) will visit 3-4 cities in every country where they conduct an average 15 events for local population and activists on various topics of citizenship education based on specific needs in each country.
Where do we need country coordinators?
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Also we are looking for a coordinator able to organize Caravan events for the organizations, experts and individuals from Belarus and Ukraine relocated to Lithuania.
Responsibilities of country coordinator:
1) Development of the concept (priorities, topics, locations, partners etc) and budget of Caravan in the respective country before June 01, 2023 based of the priorities of citizenship education defined by EENCE Network
2) Organization of the contest to form international teams of the experts – participants of the Caravan in respective country before July 20, 2023
3) Participation in the selection of the experts – participants of the Caravan team
4) Development together with EENCE Coordination Council final program of the Caravan before August 10, 2023
5) Organization of the transportation, accommodation and meals of the participants of the Caravan, as well as translation at the events (if needed), in the frame of approved budget
6) Organization of the at least 15 events in at least 3 locations (preferably rural and remote regions) during 5-8 days
7) All Caravan events should be implemented in sustainable manner according to the BpB’s Guidelines for the Environmentally Sound Organisation of Events https://eence.eu/2023/04/03/guidelines-for-the-environmentally-sound-organisation-of-events/
8) Organization of the mass media coverage (Caravan team should include journalist or other specialist who will provide at least 20 publications about Caravan in the national and local mass media)
9) Getting different kinds of permissions, and other formal moments related to the organization of caravan events in respective country
10) Selection of the local participants of the Caravan in cooperation with the local providers of citizenship education and stakeholders. Total number of the participants should be at least 300 persons
11) Submitting of the narrative and financial reports of the Caravan in English, providing responsible Coordination Council’s member with the information needed for the monitoring
12) Participation in the working planning and organization meetings according to the timeline defined by Coordination Council (minimum twice a months starting with May 2023), online format
13) Participation in the final evaluation meeting (preliminary end of October, 2023), offline format
Required skills and experience:
– General knowledge of Citizenship Education and work of the EENCE
– More than 3 years of experience conducting, organizing and managing citizenship education activities and events on local level
– Good command of written and verbal English and Russian and language of the country
– Resilience to work with tight deadlines and busy schedule
– Ability to quickly adopt/modify activities and whole implementation phase due to unforeseen, force majeure circumstances
– Representation of the local organization with grant management background would be considered as an asset
– Resident of the Country of the action
What about honoraria?
Service contract to implement CE Caravan in each country will be signed with the selected candidate. Sum of payment will be agreed with the EENCE Coordination Council at the interview.
How to apply for the position of country coordinator?
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the email of EENCE Coordination Council. Application should cover next points:
– Name, surname and contact information
– Personal experience in organization of big events related to citizenship education and development of civic society. CV should be enclosed
– Description of your organization activity and experience in citizenship education and development of civic society, as well as partnerships with other providers of CE in respective country, which could organize separated events in the frame of the Caravan
– Description of your vision of: a) priority topics for the Caravan in the respective country; b) possible route of the Caravan and local partners able to assist in organization of the events in one or another city/town/village; c) approximate budget (not more than 2000 letters)
– Suggestion on the sum of honoraria for country coordinator (approximately 30 working days)
– Name and contact information of 2 experts (preferably EENCE members) who can confirm experience and qualification of candidate
What is the deadline?
All applications should be submitted not later than April 15, 2023 11.59 PM to email of EENCE Coordination Council email@example.com.
Please note in the subject country coordinator – x (name the country).
Final decision will be made not later than April 30, 2023.
EENCE Coordination Council reserves the right to invite applicants to the position of country coordinator to the interview.
For any additional questions please approach to EENCE Coordination Council firstname.lastname@example.org