Development of project aimed at promoting democratic change through culture
This is the name of a new manual prepared by EENCE experts in partnership with colleagues from Sweden. The materials of the handbook will soon be tested in several countries of the Eastern Partnership.
The project “Cultural Animators and Media Experts for Democratic changes 2022-2023″ is developed and implemented by Eastern European Association for Citizenship Education (EEACE), Youth is Power NGO (YiP, Armenia), Mostenitorii NGO (Moldova) and Studiefrämjandet Uppsala (Sweden).
The project has been funded with support from the Swedish Institute.
Within the framework of the project, two project results have been developed:
- The concept of the International School of Cultural Animators,
- An electronic manual for the participants of this School.
Both the School and the manual aim to improve the skills of cultural animators and media experts from the Eastern Partnership countries in the development of projects and educational programs aimed at promoting democratic change through culture.
The School itself is envisaged to be held in 2024 within the scope of the successor project, which will also be submitted to the Swedish Institute.
The key activities within the project were:
- Conducting 3 online or offline meetings to assess the needs of potential participants in the future School (July-August, 2022)
- Working meeting of experts, aiming to develop the concept and program of the School (September, 2022)
- Writing a manual on initiating projects for cultural animators interested in promoting democratic values (October, 2022-April, 2023)
The next step will be to test the materials of this manual in the countries of the region.