The Eastern European Association for Citizenship Education was registered in the spring of 2021 in Ukraine to administer the activities of EENCE.
The entity is a non-profit public association whose activities extend to the territories of the countries of the Eastern Partnership of the European Union (Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine), as well as the Russian Federation.
The goal of the Association is to develop civil society through promoting citizenship education and strengthening the capacity of NGOs and experts working in this area in the Eastern Partnership region of the European Union (Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) and the Russian Federation.
The main tasks of the Association are:
– Promoting the principles of democracy in the Eastern Partnership region of the European Union and the Russian Federation.
– Participation in the formation of a policy for the development of civil society and citizenship education, including the development of draft regulations.
– Participation in making draft concepts and strategies for developing citizenship education in the Eastern Partnership region of the European Union and their implementation.
– Assistance of the members and their activities in the region, expansion of opportunities for their professional development.
– Providing advisory and methodological assistance to members, other organisations and institutions.
– Assistance in strengthening and improving the training quality with highly qualified specialists for citizenship education.
– Promoting citizenship education throughout life: both youth and adults.
– Creation of databases on citizenship education and dissemination of this information in the Eastern Partnership and other countries.
– Holding international, national and regional congresses, conferences, symposiums, seminars, round tables, exhibitions, fairs and other events on citizenship education.
– Providing information support for the statutory activities of the Association.
– Implementation of research and outreach activities.
– Representing the Association at the international level and establishing cooperation with international governmental and non-governmental organisations, and educational institutions in the field of citizenship education in other countries, including implementation of joint international projects and programs.
In 2021, the Association administered the International Civic Education Week.
Members of the Association can be legal entities and individuals.
Joining the Association makes it possible to be nominated to the Board and influence its policy.
How to join the Association:
1. Read the Bylaws
2. Fill in the required documents:
– fill out an application for admission to the membership of the Association
Association membership application (Download)
For legal entities:
– fill out an application for admission procedure
– protocol (extract from the protocol) of the relevant official body of your institution (head, board meeting, etc.), on which a decision is made to join the Association. The protocol must also reflect who will represent the entity in the Association (if this is not the head).
3. Fill out the online form and attach scanned signed documents to it:
– a completed application for admission to the membership of the Association
– personal photo
For legal entities:
– a completed application for admission to the membership of the Association, signed by the head of the entity
– protocol (extract from the protocol) of the relevant official body of your institution (head, board meeting, etc.), on which a decision is made to join the Association. The protocol must also indicate who will represent the entity in the Association (if this is not the head).
– certificate of registration of the entity
– the logo of the entity
The supreme governing body of the Association is the General Assembly formed by the Association members, in which all members of the entity have the right to participate. The General Assembly is held at least once a year.
The General Assembly elects members of the Board, Chairperson and deputy-chair, and members of the Audit Commission.
The governing body of the Association, which manages the current activities during the period between the General Assembly, is the Board – guided by the Chairperson of the Board.
The Board is elected for two years and consists of members chosen by the decision of the General Assembly of the Association.