Nurlana Mamedova: we would like to see educators who are healthy psychologically and physically
The series of publications dedicated to the Working Groups operating within the framework of EENCE in 2022 continues with the presentation of the team “Resilience for Citizenship Educators and Citizenship Education”. One of the leaders of the group, Nurana Mammadova (Azerbaijan), tells about what the group was created for, who is part of it and what the group plans to do this year.
– As the main result, we would like to see educators who are healthy psychologically and physically, able to withstand pressure, able to maintain their own strength and resources and their colleagues, who have retained the desire and strength to continue working in difficult times, – says Nurana.
The group was organized in 2020 and since then has been working towards helping and self-help colleagues in maintaining moral, physical, psychological, and professional resilience.
– We started by holding online meetings, during which we exchanged various methods of ensuring our own sustainability.
In 2021, we decided to practice our skills in a playful way and developed an online simulation game “Eldorado”, during which participants can put into practice various methods and techniques.
Now the group includes network members from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Germany, Sweden.
– The year 2022 has set new challenges and tasks for everyone, and our group is no exception.
We decided that this year we will continue the work that we started. We have identified three main areas:
- Self–awareness Growth Group – here we want to discuss and discuss various topics – from how to build a personal strategy in new conditions to how to further develop educational projects.
- Reading Club – within the club, books on the relevant topic will be selected, then discussions will be organized.
- The Freeriting Club (free writing) – is a technique that allows you to find extraordinary solutions in difficult situations, to cope with apathy or personal crisis.
All these clubs will be led by the members of the working group themselves.